Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Angel

Most every person in this world would say that they have the greatest Grandmother in the world. They would be crazy if they didn't! But, I truely believe in my heart that My Mom Mom is the most wonderful, loving and caring woman in my life. Sure, there are plenty of women in my life who are those things, but Mom Mom is extra special in her own way.
Mom Mom (aka Mary Jane) is a 70 year old woman who has been through more in her lifetime than I could ever imagine. She lost her father at the age of 7, lost her mother when she was only 50 years of age, lost her 2 year old 1st great grandson, lost her husband a few months shy of their 48th wedding anniversary. She has survived muti-organ failure. She is living with Parkinsons disease, COPD and Emphysema (which causes her to have to wear 8liters of oxygen). I am sure there is much more, but I am sure the point has been made. She told me the other day that she is the oldest of her family dead or alive. That is amazing. Through all of this she always seems to put everyone first and find the best in every situation.
She calls me her Angel. I feel very blessed for her to call me her angel, when she has 8 other grandchilden that she could call her Angel. I guess this is just our special little bond that only she and I share. Wow! What a bond this is! The truth is, she is MY ANGEL! She has been by my side since I was born. When I was 4 or 5 I was diagnosed with Ryes Syndrome, a child disease that I almost died from. My most vivid memory of that time is my Angel staying with me most, if not every night while I was in the hospital. When I was well enough to remember, she and I went to the kids playroom and played pick up sticks. If I close my eyes, I can see us sitting at the little table playing them now. During school if I had the flu, she and my Grandad would watch me for the day. She was not only my Mom Mom growing up, she was my babysitter! She has been a huge impact on my life.
I know it is hard to imagine, but there will be a time when God will need a perfect Angel and will bring her to heaven. Everybody leaves the earth at some point in their life. I want to be selfish and say no, you can't ever take her, she is mine! We all know that won't happen. The only thing I can do is cherish every moment and every memory I have with her. Continue to enjoy her love and company.

Mom Mom: I love you So much. Words can not describe the love my heart has for you. Thank you for being such a blessing in my life. If I had to pick one favorite memory with you, I couldn't because they are all my favorite. You are an Angel. You are my Angel. I miss you when I am not with you and I enjoy the time we do get to spend with eachother. I will see you soon! I love you! I love you! I love you!

No comments: